We are proud to be serving our customers for the past 60 years!
Merchandise Equipment & Supply, Inc. was started in 1948 as Merchandise Vending Company by its founder Joseph Lipinski. In those early years Merchandise sold cigarettes and candy in vending machines throughout western Michigan. By the late sixties, Joe’s two sons, Donald and Douglas Lipinski joined the business.
During the mid eighties Don and Doug decided to broaden the spectrum of products sold by adding bar supplies including cocktail napkins, glassware, barstools, etc. Through the years of selling tobacco and candy, many strong business relationships were formed. This made selling the new items a natural progression. The relationships and services were already there, so why not offer the customer more.
It was in the late eighties when food service equipment was added. In 1985, the company built a new 15,000square foot facility in Walker City and moved its operations from Grand Rapids to its present location. At that time Joe sold his interest in the business to his sons and the name was changed to Merchandise Equipment & Supply, Inc.
In the late nineties MES acquired a local food service contract dealer and became a full food service dealer. Shortly after this acquisition Merchandise Equipment and Supply would see the third generation, Don’s son, Don Lipinski Jr. and Doug’s son, Jeff Lipinski purchase the company. Together they have grown the company to be Grand Rapids strongest and best equipped food service equipment and supply dealer.
As MES has continued to grow, the building has seen three expansions, the last being completed in 2007. The present corporate headquarters is a 40,000 square foot facility which includes a 10,000 square foot showroom.